Your Home Town Veterinarian. Taking Care of Hometown Pets.
Beagle’s Bay Animal Hospital is growing!
Below you will find a list of positions we are looking to fill.
- Interpret medical records and client history accurately.
- Obtain a medical history from clients about patients to present to the veterinarian.
- Fill and explain medications to clients,effective communication of treatment plans with clients.
- (Client education is important as most pet owners have never experienced the situation before when dealing with sick/injured pets.)
- Obtain accurate medical records using VetPort and VetConnect Plus
- Schedule patients for appointments efficiently
- Create and present financial estimates to clients.
- Pre and Post Op patient care and monitoring.
- Pet restraint and handling using Fear Free protocols.
- Collection of lab samples, diagnostic imaging.
- Accurately administer medications under the order of the veterinarian.
- Surgical preparation and assistance, and anesthetic management.
- Restocking of supplies, cleaning kennels, exam and treatment rooms efficiently.
- Ability to arrive on time and ready to work.
- Must be a self starter with the desire to advance one’s knowledge
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, client service and phone etiquette.
- Work with a flexible schedule
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job ( Lift up to 50#)
- Comfortable being around aggressive/ feral animals.
- Ability to occasionally work in a high stress emergency situation.
- Intermediate computer and Office suite skills
- Ability to follow instructions and have great attention to detail.
- Must be able to tolerate unpleasant odors and noises
Education / Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Veterinary experience : 1 year preferred
Beagle’s Bay Animal Hospital is a drug Free, smoke free, equal opportunity employer.
7 Jon Street
Metropolis, IL 62960
Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm